caution



Dying my hair since the age of 13 has resulted in a severe impatience for retaining one hair color for more than a few months. Let me explain exactly how this happened. Saturday night of boredom gave me an inch of platinum bleach blonde from my roots, and the remainder of my curls turned a brassy orange which was leftover black dye which obviously (not so clear to me at the time) does not bleach because
  1. BOX DYE IS VERY STRONG
  2. I HAD NOT WAITED LONG ENOUGH FOR IT TO EXTRACT FROM MY HAIR FOLLICLES
The next day, very teary eyed and nervous I arrived at an emergency hair appointment where I explained the look I had been going for much to the dismay of my stylist who had insisted a month before that any attempt I would personally make to go lighter would fail.
My champion hair stylist told me the only remedy would to be match the bottom of my hair (the orange) to the top (blonde).
4 hours later...I had one toned hair again.
3 hours later, the next day, I had a strawberry blonde mane, one that I am still relatively content with.

0 comments:

Post a Comment